Google Voice

formatting link

Graham, Did you pickup the file?? And did it open ok??

Thanks,

Les

Reply to
ABLE1
Loading thread data ...

I sent you an invitation to my shared Dropbox...

The link acts like it wants to work, but it just keeps asking me to signup for a trial.

I got the message but not the attachment in email. It's because Gmail bounces any .exe files (even in .zip archives) the only way around it is to password protect the .zip.

Try sending to both snipped-for-privacy@live.com and the address in my Usenet header (it's real) if Dropbox fails.

If that doesn't work I'll setup a upload script on one of my web sites.

Sorry it's such a pain. I forgot about the Gmail .exe restriction.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Not in my Dropbox yet.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Solution Found.

I decided to post back here where it started so that others may possibly benefit.

Well with the help of Graham and others I have found the solution to my quest. A lot of conversation both in emails and phone conversations finally led me to a solution that works.

What I have found is a work-a-round solution that works, at least for me. YEA!!! and a Yipeeeee!!

Here is the scoop. I have three(3) mailboxes. Personal 12, Service 13, Sales 14.

I have three phone lines all with CallerID blocked. I have set up MB12 to call my cell using L1, MB13 to use L2, MB14 to use L3. I have unblocked CallerID with

*82 for these calls only.

Then I loaded three(3) new contacts into my iphone labeled My MB 12, Service

13, Sales 14 and entered the phone numbers of each as the respective L1, L2, L3. I also set a different RingTone for those contacts so I will know that there is a different call coming in.

Now when I receive a call for Sales and a message is left in the Sales Mailbox the VM system makes a call thru the Sales MB 14 to my iphone that it will display on my phone as "Sales 14 Call" and I can reject the call and then call back with my speed dial with all the necessary keystrokes and, it can wait till I am finished with what I am doing at the time, to retrieve the message.

It is slick, and ingenious at the same time........................... :-) I love it when a plan comes together.

Certainly has made my day. I am now saving $185.44/year and another Pager bites the dust.

Thanks to Graham and others for all the thinking on my behalf. Not that they gave me the answer but more of convincing me that what I really wanted to do was not possible and I had to start thinking outside the box for a solution. Cool stuff!!!

Have a good rest of the weekend. I am!!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.