Re: Verizon's Voice Mailboxes Now Give 'Shout Out' to Verizon

Starting today, Verizon voice-messaging customers in New York City and

> New England can add a feature that sends a text message to any Verizon > Wireless short text messaging-capable phone with an alert that a new > voice message has been left on the customer's landline phone. > -
formatting link
> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: What is supposed to make that so > exceptional? Cingular Wireless has always had an icon on the display > screen indicating voice message waiting, and I have always had my > phone set to make three chirps when that icon is turned on. PAT]

I had a private voicemail service that did this. Unfortunately they went bust.

As to Pat's comment, perhaps you didn't notice that this was to notify you on your cellphone when you have a message on your *landline* phone. Most all cellphones get an indication of a message left in your cellphone voicemail box either o_o or some other icon or if not an icon some send an actual text message to your handset saying "you have a voicemail dial 123 to retrieve" and also will have an audible sound to alert you that you have waiting messages.

Reply to
Joseph
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.