GEO-Vision DVRs

Ok... here we go again. The custoemr I was working on the Netpromax DVRs for was so happy with how I got everything working now he wants me to set up remote access on his Geo-Vision systems. He has 5 of them on two different sites.

It looks like they are all GV-1000s running in Pentium 4 boxes. That means if I understand correctly that they are running the version 6.05 software at the most. I found the piece of software that looks like it has to run to provide server service from the units. Seems pretty simple to setup, just set the ports and access and turn on port forwarding at the router. (after fixing the rest of how his network was set up wrong for this LOL)

When I looked for remote viewing software however I noticed that on Geo-Visions website everything they showed was for Version 8.0. Anybody out there who works with Geo-Vision stuff know if the remote viewer software for boxes running older software is still available or if the viewer software for the version 8 stuff will view ok with the older cards/software?

-- Bob La Londe - Webmaster

formatting link

Tornament Director

formatting link

*** Posted via a free Usenet account from
formatting link
Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Use the webcam software for remote viewing, its much better than the remote view software, the first time you connect to the machine remotely you will be able to download the required browser plugin to the remote machine.

You may need to adjust the settings on the remote machine to allow the unsigned active X from the host machine to download

Doug L

-
Reply to
Doug L

Can you review recorded video etc using the webcam setting?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Yes.

Reply to
Gymfolks

I I should be able to set the little server application up to run at boot time on each of his Geo-Vision boxes, set it up, and then goto the remote site and enter:

the.site.ip.address:port

in a browser window and be good to go?

Correct router configuration, ActiveX programs, etc not withstanding of course.

formatting link
Reply to
Bob La Londe

Bob, The Geo WebServer can be set up to automatically start whenever the Geo system is running (so your OK here). Also, the is a DNS application that can also be set to start in a similiar fashion (after you register your name with a free DNS service - if the Geo machine is NOT on a static IP address).

Then just open up IE and type in http:\\\\YOUR_NAME_HERE.COM and the Geo application will come up in IE. You can remote view, remote play back or even take remote desktop control (if password allow etc).

Port 80 needs to be open for veiw or playback to work. Hope this helps some.

Reply to
gymfolks

The site has a static IP, but there are a couple machines so they will not be connected directly to the modem. The local machine can have a local assigned IP, but it can't have the public IP.

Port 80 is NOT open to prevent people from running a web server at the location. Most non-standard ports are open.

So how do you connect to the machine from an offiste computer if it has to use port 80?

In fact that sounds kinda stupid to me since port 80 is blocked by most ISPs to prevent people from running a server out of their office and clogging up the ISP.

Besides in the server application I looked at on the Geo boxes it showed a manual port setting.

Bob La Londe - Webmaster

formatting link

Tornament Director

formatting link

formatting link
Reply to
Bob La Londe

You can configure GeoVision web cam server to run on a different port beside port 80. However, you need to specific the port number when using IE for remote viewing. Hope this help.

Reply to
paterson

Thanks. Now I just need to go play with them.

formatting link
Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.