Funny service call today - remember the mini howler from Ademco

Got a call from a customer where I have an old 342 R Ademco panel still working its in mint condition and its an older couple and it does just what they need .

They kept hearing what sounded like the old Mini Howler entry / sounder going off in basement so I thought they had a problem with fire loop but when i got there the panel was ok took wire off for howler and still heard it.

Finally tracked it down to one of those exercise/ walk track machines they have in there basement it has a trouble sounder which sounds exactly like the old mini howlers did. Either way it was good they called me any way when I started to check fire loop found they had a roof leak and water was going into a smoke.

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

did a bunch of 342R's back in the day, even some 1004 before that.. with 612 dialers. (auh the days of 6 volt systems..)

RTS

Reply to
Rockytsquirrel

ome 1004 =EF=BF=BDbefore that..

I've got a 221 panel down in my basement somewhere along with a couple of100 panels and a 1200 photo beam.

But before they came out we were using the old Ademco, stone over the cave opening.

Maybe someday I'll open a museum. I've got a whole bunch of old stuff I've been collecting through the years.

Anyone know what a Constant ringing drop was?

Reply to
Jim

Rotary phone was dialed and pencil held last number to dial in place on phone string was rigged to door and when door moved pencil was pulled out allowing phone to dial number it was calling and would ring till owner picked up and could here what was going on in his store.

Thats OK I saw open circuit window foil which worked too

Reply to
nick markowitz

what about a 36" dowel rod balanced on a cherry switch used as window protection... (knock off the rod, closes the switch, starts the bell...)

RTS

Reply to
Rockytsquirrel

Ademco 1005 with a bell ringing recharge-a- pack to really advance from the old dry cell batteries. Day, Circuit Test, Bell Test, Night. The good old days?

I've got a 221 panel down in my basement somewhere along with a couple of100 panels and a 1200 photo beam.

But before they came out we were using the old Ademco, stone over the cave opening.

Maybe someday I'll open a museum. I've got a whole bunch of old stuff I've been collecting through the years.

Anyone know what a Constant ringing drop was?

Reply to
Just Looking

The 1002 was the first zoned commercial panel and then the 1004. Then the 1005 with the main feature of the 1005 being it's internal reversing relay for use with the Modularm followed by the Mini Modularm. What a frikin monster that was. It's a good thing the digital dialer and receiver was invented. Other wise it would have taken a whole warehouse to hold all the equipment necessary for a central station.

Reply to
Jim

Reply to
Rockytsquirrel

It did. Do you remember these?

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.