From the local paper

You just gotta think that a snowmobile has to be the dumbest getaway vehicle ever. Crooks should just take the winter off...

formatting link

Reply to
JoeRaisin
Loading thread data ...

With 24" on ground and no one moving around here seems like snow mobile would be a good idea for a robbery or a quad. they caught people with a moving truck and flash lights in one niehborhood night of big storm

Reply to
nick markowitz

If they had a lake to escape across, however, it might be a very good getaway vehicle indeed. Unless the local cops up there patrol on snowmobiles, it's unlikely that the police would dare to track them across the ice in their vehicles.

-- YOP...

Reply to
Nicko

Not really, the snowmobile can go places a car can't, has no license plate and can be hidden well, sounds like these guys are just morons

Reply to
mleuck

They have one of those "cops" shows based on Alaska's state troopers on TV at night. They not only use regular police cars. They have snowmobiles, helicopters and airplanes. It can be more interesting than the ones from the lower 48, especially when they have to deal with some of the 4-legged "perpetrators." :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

But it can be followed just about everywhere it goes - Unless you take it on clear pavement (even then it's obvious which way it goes.

I guess if you were to get to a snowmobile trail you could lose yourself in all the other tracks.

And the sheriff's dept here has it's own snowmobiles.

I remember in high school a couple of B & E dimwits had decided that by covering their shoes with thick socks they couldn't be identified by their footprints.

So the cops just followed the sock prints through the snow to the house where they were partying and celebrating their genius...

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Not if the cops don't also have snowmobiles at the time of the chase

Doesn't even take that, where I grew up in Indiana they could take just about any open field, through woods etc

Which likely will not be around at the time of the robbery although they could use them later in the search

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.