firelite ms9600

anyone familir with this panel hopefully can answer this, can i disable a software zone or only hardware zones? zone 00 is general alarm and has 20+ relays. i need to be able to disable a bunch of relays while the sprinkler guys work but the customer won't go through the steps to disable 38 relays individually, neither would i, or pull wires off / put jumpers on. and no,disabling the inputs won't help me in this case. thanks

Reply to
spellingerror
Loading thread data ...

If there are sprinkler guys on site, why not simply power down the system while they're working on it and power it back up after they quit for the day???

Reply to
Frank Olson

its a hotel and they wont let me, if i could i would just pull the data loop off.

Reply to
spellingerror

A few ideas:

1. Make a second copy of the program with the relays removed. Download this copy when the sprinkler boys are working. Download the original program when they are done.

I am pretty certain that even if you could disable a software zone, disabling 00, the automatic general alarm zone, is not possible.

Mike

Reply to
MikeyB

In that case, disabling the affected sprinkler zones would be a lot easier that 38 relays...

Reply to
Frank Olson

well my company says no to getting the utility software. but i did discover that if i take everything out of zone 00 and create a different zone 1-95, i can disable everything in one shot unfortunetly ithe panel disables all, inputs and outputs, so powering down is the equivilant, but the power led stays lit! unfortunetly when i enabled the zone back in to service 2 or 3 relays stay disabled and i have to recycle power. not always the same relays each time, strange.

Reply to
spellingerror

OK,

If you want to disable an output, put a "duumy" output zone in the FIRST zone postion for each of the outputs. Do not associate any inputs to this dummy zone. Put your "real" output zone in the second position. Program your inputs with the "real" zone. When you want to disable outputs, disable the "dummy" zone. All your inputs will still work and all your outputs will be disabled. Some panels are slightly different but the concept is the same. I am pretty sure you can still use zone 00 in the 2nd position for outputs and they can still be disabled using the above procedure.

Mike

Reply to
MikeyB

thanks for the idea, i will give it a try. how's 101??

Reply to
spellingerror

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.