FBII2T and random medical triggers

Anyone else having problems with the new FBII 2T's causing random medical alarms/troubles? (trbl 35)

The last 5 of 7 panels we've installed have started reporting or keypad buzzing medical troubles after about 10 days..

Factory has no idea whats wrong..

If we reset the power on the panels, we get another 10 days before the medical troubles startup again..

Tks, RTS

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel
Loading thread data ...

Hmmm, this is a shot in the dark but how about installing a modern panel?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Thanks for the comment Mark, but that doesn't address our question.. RTS

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

Actually it does

Reply to
Mark Leuck

any break through , is it still doing the same

Reply to
Neo

no change no answers from FBII (FBII's first "guess" was that tones on the telephone ckt was causing the effects) (however one the panels in question isn't even connected to the telephone service.) (FBII's second "guess" was that it was a programing error) (however 2 of the panels are factory box programming except for zone 7 changes) (and 3 of the panels programming have been reviewed by FBII's own techs via the compass software) (they reported no noticable errors in programming.)

so, we're still waiting for FBII .. (most likely a LONG wait)

RTS

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

Okay so what does that tell you? And what did "I" tell you?

GET ANOTHER BRAND OF PANEL!

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I haven't installed a FBII panel in 20 years. However I went to a jobsite yesterday that had one installed recently. The keypad looked like an old DSC type and it said Honeywell on it. The inside of the control still said FBII one the inside sticker. The thing that struck me as odd is that the installer left another (spare?) board outside the can sitting on top. High field failure rates? What? Just make the service call and the spare board is waiting for you? These guys were real experts. They butchered the CAT 5 cable to use a couple of pairs from each cable for motion detector runs. Four motions equals four butchered cables. Great! Now the office printer has no connection and I have to run a network connection for the Bosch Access Easy panel. I am using Wireless Access from IR on the job just to avoid running wire. You'd think they'd at least heard of wireless motion detectors. Thanks boys!

Reply to
Just Looking

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.