Does anyone know of a Post Light / Lamp Post Light that contains a wireless camera?

I need to replace the post light in front of my house and I think it might be neat to buy a light that has a wireless camera mounted inside it. I could point the camera at my front door to see when guests/ deliveries arrive.

Do you know of such a light/camera?

Thanks, John

Reply to
John
Loading thread data ...

Not that I have seen but it could be easily done with products sold online checkout

formatting link

Reply to
nick markowitz

Per John:

The two el-cheapo web cams I have played with (one wired, one wireless) do not seem to have whatever it takes for sufficiently-clear images/continuous motion.

OTOH, I'm currently fooling around with a IP PTZ camera that would do the trick - but it cost about $400 and it needs a wire.

I, too, would be interested to hear from those with more experience/knowledge.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

RHC: Another option would be to buy an Aiphone intercom with the built in camera in the front door assembly. Inside the home, the picture of the party ringing the bell comes up either in black and white or I believe colour on the handset inside the home (depending upon what model you choose and what you want to spend)

These work well but certainly won't give you the coverage or an outside mounted camera.

Reply to
tourman

Have you found a solution?

Reply to
Matthew Van Arsdale

If he hasn't after 9 years he never will

Reply to
mleuck

Ha. Check out public works. City of San Diego. They put in thousands of lamp posts that have cameras and are integrated into a smart system.

The residents threw a temper tantrum about it, and the company claims they can't turn them off without turnign off the lamp.

Wireless for a lamp post is kind of stupid though. No matter how good your batteries your light will die in a few weeks at most. If you have to run power, might as well run cable or twisted pair at the same time.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.