Crimping BNC

Hi I need some serious help! I am ashamed to say that I have been installing CCTV Camera for like 13 years. The company would always buy Twist On connectors and I have had nothing but trouble with those things! I have a Ideal Crimpmaster and need someone to clue me in on which die set I need to buy. I see some of there BNC dies are hex crimp and others are not. I do not use a specific type of cable just what ever the company has. I currently have 2 piece and 3 piece rg6 BNC crimp connectors. So Which die set do i need? Thanks

Reply to
super2324us
Loading thread data ...

Crimping tools/dies... ick! I make perfect crimps with a hammer and a piece of flat concrete. You want them "roundish" or "hexish" lookin'? ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Where do you buy your parts? The "proper" dies will depend on exactly what connectors you're using; your supplier should be able to sell you both.

Reply to
Matt Ion

he he, i use vise grips and when my arthritis is doing good, i just use regular lineman pliers!

Reply to
<hapticz

Oh If only life would be so simple for me :-) as to know what connectors I have. I have come down to buying the connectors out of my own pocket to make my job easier. One place insists on buying things "when they feel so inclined to let you spend money" on twist on connectors. which at least for me and my boss have a impossible time getting them to work.. Seems nobody uses a real crimper so I will try the pliers idea.

Reply to
super2324us

The dies you use will depend on your connectors. I too use an Ideal Crimpmaster, with the following dies:

30-582 with Cambridge CP88 2 piece connectors for RG59. 30-576 with Cambridge CPMC 8818 for mini-coax.

I happen to prefer Cambridge connectors, but your supplier should be able to match up the right dies with the connectors you are using. Don't use pliers; do it right. Good luck! js

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.