Compass Data Base?

Where are the customer files kept on Compass? I would like to move them to a "compass data" file in my documents to simplify backups. Can I access the data base on one computer on my network with a different computer on the network? It works for Napco and DSC. I can't find the DB in compass and don't feel like fighting the wait when calling Ademco Technical.

Reply to
Allan Waghalter
Loading thread data ...

/Compass/database/

All the customer files are in an mdb file (MSAccess Database)

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

They should be the .mdb & the .ldb files in ..\\compass\\database folder.

NOT sure Compass will allow you to move the database folder though. You can probably access (look at, copy, backup) the db files across a network, but I don't think you can operate in a network mode.

Ask Mark Leuck to confirm this.

If you call Ademco you'll get some very nice guy in India, but you won't understand a single word he's saying.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

The database files are in ?\\compass\\database\\download.mdb where ? is the drive. You can move the database anywhere you want, the log in screen has a database button that allows you to connect to wherever you moved the database files to, it also has a network option. I moved my files to an OTF encrypted partition and it works fine for me.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.