Changing the chime on a Scantronic SP750

I have a Scantronic SP750 that beeps loudly on both the opening and closing of every door - which with kids can get really annoying fast. Is there a way to change it so it only beeps on the opening of a door or window or somehow otherwise adjust the volume?

TIA!

Reply to
BubbaZephyr
Loading thread data ...

I just skimmed through the installation manual. There is no adjustment on chime tone that I can see. The best you can do is press * + 6 to turn it on and off.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

or put tape over the sounder; technically we call this 'stuffing a sock in it'

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yeah - like the workers at a big chain store my company services. They have a large graphics board at the customer service desk that alerts the clerks when an unauthorized door is opened or a fire or supervisory zone is tripped with a light and a piezo.

Of course they find too hard to ignore with that damned sounder going off and every once in a while some brilliant person will crumple up a bunch of paper or a cloth and stuff it against the sounder behind the graphics board.

I have found a couple of browned and crispy from the heat (even the cloth ones).

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Thanks guys. Shockingly I have the manual as well and noticed nothing about the chime in it. The *+6 thing didn't work btw. And I think the only way to tape it up is to remove the panel and find the sounder. I think it's behind the keypad.

Bummer.

Ah well, I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually. Cheers!

Reply to
BubbaZephyr

That's what I said. After 24 years I finally divorced her. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.