Better Late Than Never - But The Alarm Tech Is Sleeping Good !

Angela, who owns a small retail store in Banning, CA, writes: On 08-10-00 at about 6:13a.m., I received a call from ADT stating "the store alarm had went off and entry showed at zone 1 front door". I asked if the police been dispatched and the lady said yes. Because i was at least 40 minutes away, I called the police department and the officer told me that the burglary occurred the night before and the alarm company said they could not reach me, so the police secured the building as best possible.

When i arrived and went inside the business had been burgularized and i called the police out so they could take a report. The officer told me again that this occurred the previous night and the alarm company said they had no way of contacting me. I told the officer that three different telephone numbers are listed with the alarm company.

The loss was estimated at about $1,000.00. I then called ADT to find out why I wasn't notified and spoke to Marty. She said I was paged and no return call came in and then she connected me with Kim who read over the log and said that proper procedure was not taken, all the contact numbers listed should have been called.

Kim said she did not know the procedure to be taken next but there are some people who need to be trained on this type of situation.

The business remained open all night long. The front door was standing wide open, a person passing by called the police and notified them the door was open again. The economic damage is loss of inventory and fixtures needed to operate the business.

Reply to
Sonicduck
Loading thread data ...

PLONK

Go away loser and stop poluting the forum with your junk.

"Sonicduck" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
David L

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.