Last Laugh! One Way to Get 911's Attention

The Correct Way To Call The Police

George Phillips of New York City was going up to bed when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed which she could see from the bedroom window. George opened the back door to go turn off the light but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?" and he said no. The dispatcher then switched him into a recorded message saying that that all patrol officers were busy, and that he should simply leave a message for them, then lock his door and an officer would be along to take a report when available.

George said, "Okay," hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again.

"Hello I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people in my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now cause I've just shot them all dead". Then he muttered "that will teach them to come on my property ... " as he hung up the telephone.

Within five minutes five police cars, an Armed Response unit, a SWAT team and two ambulances showed up at the Phillips residence. Of course, the police caught the burglars red handed.

One of the Policemen said to George: "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"

George said, "I thought your recorded message said there was nobody available to help me right now!"

Reply to
Patrick Townson
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.