Home alarms only, or car alarms too

Is this ng only for home secuity alarms?

Or is this a good newsgroup for car alarms too?

Or can you recommed one?

Thanks.

Reply to
micky
Loading thread data ...

Thanks.

There really is none, with the possible exception of web forums and I hate them. I had a list of 25 reasons they were inferior to newsgroups, and about 15 reasons they are inferior to mailing lists.

It's sad that newsgroups are dying, because no one makes money from them, so no one has a financial motive to promote them. When they are by far the best format around fro discussions.

There is a Toyota newsgroup, but it's pretty quiet, and not very electronics-oriented technical. My previous car was a Chrysler LeBaron, and there were two busy Lebaron Yahoo lists, but now there is only one. They do discuss technical things like car repair, but haphazardly. They just know what happened to their car and what they think fixed it. Most don't like testing, and just replace parts hoping to hit the right one. When the parts are cheap enough, that's okay, but often they're not and most still show no interest in testing. No one there will know the details of a factory alarm.

That's what I think 2 of my questions in the previous thread were, but no one had answers to those questions.

Exactly.

Thanks.

Reply to
micky

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.