Alarm/security related domains for sale

I'm going to auction these off, but I would like to give the participants here first shot if interested.

My email address is real, if you want any of these domains please send a reasonable offer and we can do it without 3rd parties involved.

I would prefer the buyer take them all, for simplicity. But I'm flexible, and hell, it may turn out that no one wants them!

Here:

alarmlease.com honeywell-alarms.com houston-security-camera.com houston-security-cameras.com security-cameras-direct.com

I don't want to haggle, best price first. Mini- (silent) auction begins now and ends at 10PM Central 5/11/12

If you have been outbid, I will let you know and let you submit ONE more bid.

Reply to
G. Morgan
Loading thread data ...

I'll give you 39 cents

Reply to
mleuck

I have a bidder. The current bid is .39¢

I think we can do better than that girls.

Honeywell-alarms.com is worth at least $500 as a landing page/re-direct to your online store.

Reply to
G. Morgan

No wonder the bid is low:

Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com

Reply to
G. Morgan

Good luck. I tried to sell DIYComponents a while back. It was a functioning webstore with real clients and established traffic. If I recall you offered me less than the value of the registration. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Fuck, I may end up keeping them if I can't recoup my registration fees! I don't remember what the offer was on DIY, but surely it was more than registration (I hope!).

Reply to
G. Morgan

Seeing as how "Honeywell" is a registered trademark, I should think that using this domain might just infringe on that. They've got even deeper pockets than Brinks and we all know the kind of trouble Jim R. wound up in. I wouldn't wish that on anyone!

Reply to
Frank Kurz

That may be true, but I've owned it for a while and no complaints yet. I just can't keep up with a store, the back-end is more work than I thought it would be. My card processor holds back 30% for

90 days, making a lot of money out floating. It's unsustainable for someone without a huge credit line.
Reply to
G. Morgan

You haven't heard anything from Honeywell because so far you've just "parked" the domain. I would imagine their legal beagles are sniffin' around though.

Reply to
Frank Kurz

How big of a credit line do you need? You could always go with the slightly higher fee PayPal interface instead of a CC gateway.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

They hold back 30% too, I have a merchant account there. I should have stayed "regular".

My markup is 30%, I can't function without the cash-freed up.

Reply to
G. Morgan

They are welcome to buy it too!

Reply to
G. Morgan

BTW Frank,

Jim disrespected the court, that is why he lost. He felt he couldn't be bothered with the requests to show up. When he first got the cease & desist letter from Brinks he showed it to me (before it was posted!) lol...

Anyway, IIRC there were 10 demands and I advised him to willingly abide by a few of their requests. I enumerated the ones I thought were real 'sticky' ones, and ones I thought were reasonable (like not selling panels). It was an all-or-nothing deal for him, he didn't want to even try to be reasonable. His response to Brinks was to 'shove it', or something like that.

I think had he handled the case better, he may have won. You don't tell a district judge that she has no jurisdiction either!

Reply to
G. Morgan

I have never noticed a holdback, and I have a commercial PayPal account for my business and a personal one for my fishing club. It sometimes takes a week for money to appear in my PayPal account when a bank account only user makes a purchases, but that's it. Otherwise I can transfer the balances to my bank account as soon as they complete a purchase. Takes about 3 days to clear to my account.

I'm not saying they don't hold back your money, but I have never experienced it. I do have both CC and bank accounts attached to me commercial account. That may make a difference.

I run a small fishing tackle webstore using my commercial PayPal account. Purchase volume isn't super high, so maybe that's the difference. I also use that same account for buying and selling on Ebay.

How long are they holding back that 30%? Seems to me if you can hold out for about 3.5 times that time period once then you can get ahead of the curve, as long as you aren't taking out 100% of your profits every month.

Also... some of your distributors may be able to help with terms. Two of mine in the alarm business extended my standard payment terms just from me asking them. Didn't even ask for a new credit application.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

90 days. That was after I "upgraded" to a merchant account and the API's for use in shopping carts.

Before that I would have the money instantly. I am also charged $30 for the 'service'.

Yep, I had the same thought. If I can build a rolling reserve of cash large enough. The good news is I get the interest on the funds.

ADI is the only one I was thinking of dealing with on the Honeywell-alarms.com site. I was just going to sell wireless kits and provide support for them.

I've had a run of bad luck with my shoulder first, now my back. Its hard for me to do much physical labor anymore. As such, my credit has taken a huge hit in the last 3 years being uninsured. I make a little bit fixing computers, and I dumped the alarm company because I didn't set it up right to begin with. If I get another gig as an IT contractor with HP here in Houston, I'm headed that way.

If not, I may just build the store (using different software this time) and see what happens. I can go to ADI 2-3x a week to get the product and ship it. The drop-shipping may be nice for larger, heavy, items. I'd rather pack & ship my own, so I can pre-program the panels and the wireless devices and include my own notes for them.

I don't know if Honeywell will dislike the name or not, after all I am selling their stuff. I'll make sure to notify people they are not dealing with Honeywell, but a re-seller.

Reply to
G. Morgan

something on it and you'll see some movement on Honeywell's part

Fix your newsreader, you are sending email (and it arrives 8 hours ahead of your post) with the Usenet reply.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Weird. I don't pay PayPal a monthly fee either. Just the usual exorbitant percentage of all funds received. I get API verification pack to my website too. Are you using a merchant credit card service through PayPal like a virtual terminal maybe?

90 days is a long time to hold 30%, and I am sure they are paying you crap for interest. I'll ask my dad if he experienced that when he had the hardware store. We never took credit cards a the grocery store, but Cotter & Co negotiated some pretty good deals for their True Value and V&S Variety franchisees.
Reply to
Bob La Londe

formatting link
Call them and complain. Tell them that the 30/90 is going to put you out of business.

I may not have seen the hold backs yet since I have been a PayPal customer for a very long time, and I don't do a ton of volume.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Thanks. And yes, I have the virtual terminal and all that stuff. Maybe I just need to call and request terms. I've been a member since 2002 or so.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Gee didn't Rodney used to say things like that?

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.