5540 Silent Knight Software Question

Only problem is...those DTMF tones are 4th column frequencies. Not the same as a standard touch tone phone frequencies. :-( If it's SIA, your further screwed. Sorry, wish I had better news for you.

Reply to
Jackcsg
Loading thread data ...
4th column meaning A,B,C,D ? Will a standard DTMF decoder read these 4th column tones?

formatting link
100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!

Reply to
Bill

Bill,

I can't seem to decipher what you're trying to accomplish.

It seems as though you haven't determined if the panel is sending 4x2, CID or SIA.

If you want to find the account number of the panel, please record an alarm session to a laptop as a wav file. After 5 seconds of listening to it I could determine if it's 4x2, CID or SIA, and in 10 minutes I could give you the account number and alarm if 4x2 or CID, SIA will take longer, more equipment needed.

If you're trying to download/upload to/from the panel and don't have the account number, good luck, then see the last paragraph and continue.

If you could explain precisely from the beginning what your problem is and not your various thoughts on cobbling something together and what it could do for you, we may be able solve this for you.

After many years of trouble shooting technical problems, I've found it best not to listen to someone else's analysis of the problem but to listen to their description of what's happening. I won't even trust my best college's analysis of the situation, even though I know he's younger and brighter than I, sometimes one person can look at a problem for hours, and another can walk in and see the fault in 5 seconds.

So Bill, give use the description of your problem, what you want to accomplish, and sit back and watch all of us nail this for ya.

Bill wrote:

Reply to
ti_alarms

Why can't you just wipe the system and re program from scratch???

Reply to
Securitech

Ok, here is the situation:

The previous owners of the house had the system installed by their company's security dept ( GM ). Protection one monitored the system, but the owners never used the system. They lost the installer code ( 0 ) and the user code ( 1 ). Protection One also lost the codes. Not sure how that happened. We know they lost them because we called them to come out to program the system for us. Protection One was unable to get back in to the system. The tech did not try using a laptop and modem to direct connect. I don't think they had the equipment or software needed. After receiving the manuals for the system, and advice from tech's here in this group, I found that I needed a 5530 modem made by Silent Knight. I also received the 5540 software to do the programming.

The 5540 software has options to download a new account or upload an existing account.

The first problem I have is I don't know the account number.

The second problem is that the phone number programmed in the panel goes to the alarm company and I can't change the number because I don't have code 0.

The third problem / question is: I want to connect the phone wire from the panel to the 5530 modem connected to the laptop.

I need to know how the modem will react and how the panel will react since the panel is trying to dial a phone number and I am trying to do a direct connect.

Will the modem ignore the panels dialing?

The software has a terminal program and it will accept any panel calling. It then displays the panels account number. If it will connect and send the account number I could tell it to call back in 15 minutes and I could select that account to be uploaded when it calls back. The big question is will it connect?

Bill

formatting link

Reply to
Bill

cheaper than buying compatible modem, dial-tone simulator and untold hours of hacking ....coulda been done and online by now.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Bill, do yourself a simple favor. Replace that piece of shit Silent Knight panel with a new control panel, and keypad. Spend the 100 bucks, and get on with your life. It's a simple solution.

Reply to
Jackcsg

Since I have invested so much time into this and since I have the equipment, I'm going to give it my best shot. I will be down in SC where the panel is in a week. By next Monday I will know one way or another if it's going to work. I'll let the group know how I make out.

Bill

formatting link

Reply to
Bill

Send us all your expense report, so we can add it to the list of "lessons learned". Good luck Bill. At least you'll be getting the first hand knowledge of what not to do. It's life's most valuable lessons you learn from.

Jack

Reply to
Jackcsg

You won't be able to "hack" the panel. Even if you do manage to get online with it, when it comes time for it to exchange the account number and the

*downloading access code*, it will simply hang up. You're far better off doing as "Jackcsg" has suggested.
Reply to
Frank Olson

Bill,

I have worked on one or two of these systems. The system can also be programmed with a standalone programmer, I would have to look up the number, but the EEPROM comes out and can be read and programmed out of the system. I know we had it done once after SK sold the line to ITI which was a couple of years ago. Someone (Jim Rojas?) may have the correct programmer to read the chip for you.

Mike Breslin

Reply to
MikeyB

Mike,

He has a model Regency model 4724, not a 4720. The EEprom is not removable and cannot be read by the 5540 programmer. With the Installer's code the control may be programmed from the keypad. Without it Bill will only be able to default the panel and start from scratch.

Reply to
Bill

BIll, the alarm panel will want to hear from the alarm receiver when it reports an alarm. In reporting, it will send SIA or FSK depending on how it was programmed. Your method using sound software to decodc DTMF will work for the number it is dialuing, but you won't get anywhere with trying to decode any signals that will go to the alarm receiver or modem. The modem isn't really designed to handle alarm signals. It is primarily designed to work with the download software. If you can get the modem to answer from the panel as if an up/download were happening, then you may be able to get a querry from the panel to the software. This will get you the account number you need to set up the software for the upload. Once you set that up, you can set your software to "Request Upload". Being a new account in the database, it should send you everything including the installer's code. You can then get into programming. Even easier would be to modify the program in the download software and send it back to the panel. Much easier than through the keypad.

Bill wrote:

Reply to
r.segrist

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.