24 Days and Counting Down

I finally got somebody to buy my active accounts. They take over on January

1st at 12:00:01 AM.

SHORT!

I may not leave my shop for days at a time now.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Be watchful for those (I don't understand) calls.. LOL New guys always ask...

RTS

Reply to
Rocky T. Squirrel

Congrats Bob. Hope you got a good number.

Some day I will have to figure out how to do that as well. Hope you enjoy the extra shop time.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

I told them when we made the deal I'd answer questions, but if I got into long technical discussion in person or on the phone I was charging my shop rate. If they asked me to come out in the field it was double my shop rate, and if I had to take one lousy screwdriver out of my trucfk it was triple. They said, "Don't worry. We won't call you." LOL.

I gave them a smoking price because I was walking away at the end of the year whether I had a buyer or not. It was easier to sell and let them take it over than to just shut it down.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Just make sure you get your money and not get burned like lost of guys I know around here

Reply to
NickMark

I can see it in the newspapers already

So, in five years, someone is going to open the door to the shop and there they will see a bearded, drooling, disheveled recluse, staring, mumbling an d frantically trying to push the keyboard buttons with six inch long finger nails on a CNC machine that has been stuck in auto eject mode for three yea rs.

Sigh!

What a sad, sad ending!

Me? I still picture my self plummeting to the cement from a 20 foot ladder with my head popping like a pumpkin. Much, much quicker.

Good luck Bob, Stop in and say hi now and then.

Reply to
Jim Davis

Already got paid. 100%. Deal is done. Only reason to wait was to make for a clean transition and make the business taxes easy.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I can see it in the newspapers already

So, in five years, someone is going to open the door to the shop and there they will see a bearded, drooling, disheveled recluse, staring, mumbling and frantically trying to push the keyboard buttons with six inch long fingernails on a CNC machine that has been stuck in auto eject mode for three years.

Sigh!

What a sad, sad ending!

Me? I still picture my self plummeting to the cement from a 20 foot ladder with my head popping like a pumpkin. Much, much quicker.

Good luck Bob, Stop in and say hi now and then.

Well I am hoping to spend more time hunting and fishing too. Might even start riding regularly again.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Riding???? Do we know the young lady?

Ya know Bob, at a certain age, sex can be fatal.

But, ..... on the other hand, ...... if she dies ..... she dies.

Reply to
Jim Davis

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.