StarTalk flash and Modular ICS upgrade

We upgraded our Modular ICS to 7.1 last weekend. Since then, the second channel on the mailbox ports switches by itself from "STK1" to unassigned and back. When it is unassigned, we can't send calls to mail boxes.

Now for the really weird part. Our T7316e phones seem to find a working channel, our other phones (T7316, M7324, M7310, and M7208) can't. It is StartTalk 2.0.

Any ideas?

Reply to
curtis
Loading thread data ...

Don't know if this is true, I have been told that even a NAM is not compatible with 7.1....

KenW

Reply to
Kenw

Found this

Startalk Flash 2.1 or higher, NAM 4.1 or higher, Call Pilot 100 & 150 are compatible with Compact ICS 7.1 Software.

KenW

Reply to
Kenw

Thanks, I know we have a refurbished 2.0 flash card. Will start looking for 2.1.

Reply to
curtis

Okay, put in a 2.1 card - same behavior.

The second channel on the mailbox ports switches by itself from "STK1" to unassigned and back. When it is unassigned, we can't send calls to mail boxes. Our T7316e phones seem to find a working channel, our other phones (T7316, M7324, M7310, and M7208) can't.

At a loss now.

Reply to
curtis

Maybe what I was told at work is correct. That 7.1 will only work with call pilot. I helped upgrade a MICS to 7.1 tonight and a call pilot 150. We canned the NAM. I normally only see a system after it has been upgraded/installed, but my boss and the customer wanted me there.

KenW

Reply to
Kenw

Have to go back to the customer tomorrow. Will ask the other tech, who should know the answer. He had to upgrade the cartridge from v 1.0 to 3.0 because of problems with 7.1 on v 1.0 but don't if it had anything to do with voice mail.

KenW

Reply to
Kenw

If you send me your email address, I just got an .xls office excel file from Nortel Tech Support of the compatible 7.1 equipment. Remove all &

w&2&b&d&p@com&cast.&net

KenW

Reply to
Kenw

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.