Nortel contivity 1100

Hi a person gave me a Nortel contivity 1100 that he like setup at his business, but he did not give me any documantion. I can not find much info about it online. Does any one know any thing about this? What i want to know is does the WAN interface support DHCP. He has cable internet at the bussiness and the ISP only does DHCP. So if the WAN does not support DHCP then there is no sence in going fourth.

Also there are 4 RJ-45 ports in the LAN 0 area and 1 RJ-45 port in the LAN 1 area. Plus one console RJ-45. Are any of these ports the WAN port? There are 2 slots above the RJ-45 ports and they look like expasion ports. Is this the only plase to put RJ-45 WAN cards. I know very little about this unit and can not learn much since there is little info out there thanks Steve

Reply to
sbertram87
Loading thread data ...

DHCP is no problem.

LAN 1 can be programmed as the WAN, the rest are LAN ports. You can add additional cards for more WAN connections. (Ethernet, T1, Serial, etc.)

It's a good VPN Server/ router. I have sent you some info.

Reply to
Gerald Harper

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.