Can't connect i2050 via VPN

Hi all,

I never get past a "cannot connect to server" message when trying to connect my softphone to a BCM, over a VPN.

The softphone works fine on the LAN, and we use a Cisco IPSEC VPN that allows all traffic between the VPN LAN and the LAN that hosts the BCM. The BCM has its default gateway set so that it responds to traffic (well, pings at least) from the VPN.

I quickly realised that I had to use the Configuration utility to set the IP Address of the server, rather than use DHCP. I left the port at it's default of 5000.

One thing that occurs to me is that I am using WinXP SP2 and, when I'm away from the corporate LAN, the firewall is enabled. I've added i2050.exe to the Excluded Programs list but that hasn't made any difference.

Any ideas? Thanks, Scott

Reply to
scott.leckie
Loading thread data ...

FIXED!

It was nothing to do with the VPN specifically, but because the i2050 defaults to port 5000 when you manually specify the IP Address of the server, but the BCM listens on port 7000.

Reply to
scott.leckie

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.