BCM 400 Errors

I have a new BCM 400 that has been a real pain in the ass. It continues to drop calls. The system has been rebuilt. Base unit has been replaced. Cards replaced. Cables replaced. Service provider has run test for hours on the PRI and all have come back clean. The only thing that remains is my vender Qwest. Soon that too will be replaced.

The system continues to fail.

Critical error 75

Clock control is in free run. This could indicate a problem with the cable connection, or with the signal from the network.

Critical Error 44

The long term alarm threshold has been surpassed in DTCM 0 for the detection of Remote Alarm Indication. The most likely cause is an irregularity with the PSTN connections. The cable connecting the DTCM to the network termination point or external CSU

Critical error

The long term alarm threshold has been surpassed in DTCM 0 for the detection of Loss of Frame. The most likely cause is an irregularity with the PSTN connections. The cable connecting the DTCM to the network termination point or external CSU has been

If any one has any ideas please let me know.. I'm at the end of my rope.

Brian Haffey

snipped-for-privacy@ozarch.com

Reply to
brian
Loading thread data ...

Are you aware of the bad batch of DTMs from Nortel? I don't have the PAA handy, but there was a run for a few months in 2004 that would fail like this. Check the date on your DTM and post and I can check it out. Of course your Nortel vendor should know all about this..

b

brian wrote:

continues to

Reply to
bjsvec

The vender replaced the NIU and provides a ground and I've been error free for 24+.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I have another strange issue that came about after the OS was patched last week. I have IP phones that hang off XP workstations and connect via ms VPN, the voice path drops out. No dial tone, ring back and can't hear at either end. The strange thing the VM notice works it connects as if it works, then out of the blue the voice path returns with tone etc...

I've ruled out the firewall.

thanks

brian

Reply to
brian

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.