Baystack 470 Stack

I have a Baystack 470-48t with Software version 3.0.0.5 In production. I need to add 3 more 470-48T switches in a stack. They have Ver 3.1.5.6 The production switch is Very high priority and cannot be taken down very long. I created a stack with the 3 switches but when I cable in the Production switch it will not join the stack, I get this error: Incompatible Software Revision; module 1 failed to join stack

Anybody know how to get it to join and "AutoUpdate the software" (Prefered Method" Or do I have to update then join (Not the prefered method)

Reply to
bob
Loading thread data ...

It only takes about 10 minutes to update the code on the switch. Do all the switches have the same ISVN rev ? If you can't take the switch for very long,make one of the new switches the Master switch,set the switch on the cascade module to reflect it's capability and cable the units.

Reply to
rick.harris

All the New switches do, The original is a few revs back.

I did a test environment experiment. Made one of the new switches the base, made the OLD software switch just a member(non-base) switch cabled and rebooted, it still would not join the stack. So it appears I will have to schedule a downtime to update the software so it will join the stack.

Reply to
bob

The ISVN rev may be what's causing this problem.

Reply to
rick.harris

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.