Baystack 350-24T Password Reset

I know this is a longshot...

I've Googled my head-off in looking for a way to get into this switch via the serial console, and found the usual "secure/secure" and "user/ user" combo. I can get in via read-only by "user/user" however, I still don't have a writable username and password combo. I've also tried the "NetISc" attempt to no avail.

Does anyone have a solution that doesn't involve shelling out $300 per incident to Nortel over a router I only paid $15 for? If not, this doesn't bode well for my further purchasing decisions for my company over Nortel hardware.

Reply to
jwwstpete
Loading thread data ...

After trying most of the usual responses from the 'net -- and a few responses from individuals -- I'm still no closer to being able to use my switch. I've attempted to contact Nortel, and their menu tree is obnoxious! I'm even willing to pay for a $50 support contract to get this switch working and configured.

After contacting more than quite a few of my local resellers, nobody even has a clue how to go about this. I know that this is a legacy switch, but it's still a little disappointing that someone *somewhere* doesn't have a clue how to get the translated MAC address password or a backdoor.

BayStack 350-24T HW:RevL FW:V1.48 SW:v4.3.0.4 ISVN:2

Reply to
jwwstpete

Use Ctrl + C during boot. Then, you can use "i" to clear configuration in flash (reset everything even password). Does this cost $50 if it works? ha...

Reply to
Dophi

Unfortunately, the unit will not let me send a Cntrl+C during the POST and break into the menu. I've tried sending a break command as well

-- no dice. 9600, 8/N/1, minicom linux. I can get the login screen however..

Reply to
jwwstpete

Just tried again. I can't send a Cntrl-C or a break via serial during POST.

Reply to
jwwstpete

Does anyone have a direct number to Nortel support? I'd really like to get this resolved.

Reply to
jwwstpete
1-800-4NORTEL (1-800-466-7835) Express Routing Code 141

Reply to
<no-spam-to-cromero-please

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.