Yamaha Receiver rx-v800 Questions

Hey guys. My RX-V750 has video upconversion and plays EVERYTHING perfectly through the components. I've got DVD player in through components, set-top box in through S-video and VCR in through composite and everything out to the TV through components. Video quality from all three boxes are stable, flicker-free and shiny as hell.

Tony's right, Tim. If it's hooked up all proper-like, and you're still not getting picture from your Tivo, then the receiver doesn't have video upconversion. It's a pain in the neck, but hey, it's an old model, don't ask too much from it. Don't bother with any video going into the receiver; route it all to the TV -- that's the only thing you can do.

Tony, I highly suspect that maybe there's a problem with your particuar

2500. I haven't heard of anyone having the problem you're describing with their 2500s. I mean, if my 750 does it fine, then the 2500 had better do it just as fine or even better! Take it back to your dealer and ask him to give it a try. If it's still under warranty, they should either fix it pronto or give you another 2500 in exchange.

Good luck to the both of you, and let us know how it works out.

cheers, vij

Reply to
vij
Loading thread data ...

I just purchased this used and had a couple of problems with video. After looking everything up I could not get any video from my DirevtTV Tivo unit. Here is my setup. Svideo from sat unit to receiver. Component from DVD to receiver. Component out of receiver to my Sony TV non-HD. I got video from my DVD unit but the only way to get the video to work for my sat receiver I had use the composite (RCA) jack to the TV. So now I can watch DVD on input video #4 on the TV and #1 on the sat unit. Would like for everything to work off of one. Oh one more thing. The S-Video would never work. I tried the output on the receiver to the TV with no picture. Is the component video causing the svideo not to work? Should I just go to all S-video?

Thanks

Reply to
Tim

Hi, If your rx does not do video upconversion; some upto , you're out of luck. many newer upconversion; some upto S-video, some all the way upto component. This is only rouring video signal path nothing to do with video quality. I just set up my HT and that is one reason I got rx-v2500 receiver. If your unit has upconversion ability then it has to be enabled from the set up menu. Still one draw back on my unit is, Viewing VCR tape. Display gets very unstable thru componenet input. This is mentioned in the owner's manual. I wonder there is a unit out there which plays VCR tape stable. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, Owner's manual specifically mentions it. So my VCR S-video is routed to TV directly. Bit disappointed but other than that it's good receiver. Tony

Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.