repeated hook-up problem

What is going on?

I have a cheap Jensen TV, a cheap Polaroid DVD, and an ancient JVC VCR.

I hook the VCR to input #1 (composite) with no problem. I hook DVD to "DVD" input (component) and I get blue screen. I repeat with composite input #2 and I get a blue screen. I repeat with S-video and I get a blue sceen I repeat with the 2 different composites, if I unplug the VCR and use composite #1 the DVD works, if I plug the DVD into composite #2 (front panel) the VCR works but the DVD still doesn't.

I have try two of these TVs and this is the 2nd (different brand) DVD I've used.

What the is going wrong?

Jai

PS: My main system is a Marantz intergrated recvr with HD and all the bells. I hooked it up by myself without a problem...

Thanks in advance. Jai

Reply to
bmitd67
Loading thread data ...

The AV select button is pretty explicit...

AV1, AV2, DVD, SVHS

Reply to
bmitd67

Hi, Are you selecting correct input on your TV? Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

There are a number of possibilities. What is the exact model number of the TV and is the manual available on line?

Gary E

-- |Gary A. Edelstein | snipped-for-privacy@SPAMyahoo.com.invalid (remove NO SPAM and .invalid to reply) |"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Walt Kelly's Pogo

Reply to
Gary A. Edelstein

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.