Onkyo TX-SR607 & Samsung Virgin Media V+

Has anyone tried using a Samsung Virgin media V+ Box with an Onkyo TX-SR607 ?

It seems they wont handshake properly together,

All other sources into the Amp ;SKY+ Satellite receiver via HDMI connected, Panasonic DVD again connected via HDMI, also the Wii is converted from YUV to HDMI via a converter whilst I don't have another use for it, its no better than going in component and up-scaling to 720, but it does switch within the AMP faster. all work fine.

The Virgin media box when switched into HiDef mode makes the HDMI label on the Onkyo display flash, then come steady, then the audio works, then it begins to flash again and the audio mutes, at no point do we see a picture using HDMI at all.

I borrowed a neighbours V+ box, same model etc, although they are not using it into a HD screen, they're using a projector via the scart/RGB connection, their box does exactly the same here connected to the SR607,

Having telephoned Virgin faults line - their people say its the amp, having spoken to the Onkyo dealer, they say the HDMI output of the V+ box has something wrong with it, (and I tend to agree, given all the other equipment connected works fine)

The SR607 is connected to an LG plasma via DVI, the information screen on the plasma displays the input resolution, 720P, when all my other sources are tested with it, also when plugging in the V+ box directly to the plasma via DVI I also do not get a picture, just the label bouncing around the screen saying no signal, for the moment I'm at a loss of what to do..

Reply to
f825_633
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.