Seeking powered speaker tower with front-facing subwoofer

Can anyone recommend a powered vertical tower speaker that accepts audio-in (the standard headphone jacks on laptops & MP3 players). No extra wires (or at least, not many) besides a power cord. The subwoofer must point in the same direction as the other cones. The speaker I'm seeking is not particularly high end. It's more cost driven. I just need one rather than a set. It must be order-able from Ottawa, ON (Canada).

I found one for $100 last year at a local seller of excess goods, but the subwoofer was pointing sideways. Yes, I know, low audio frequency is not directional, but I was hoping to find one that fits all the checkboxes nevertheless.

Reply to
AndyHancock
Loading thread data ...

Did you try AudioEngine? I haven't used them, but they might have something like what you're asking for.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Fenwick

Hi, Steve,

Their reps in Ottawa are Carbon Computing (more a computer shop than an audio shop) and Planet of Sound, which I intend to visit. I also surfed the AudioEngine website, and the speakers they have on display there don't seem to be what I'm seeking.

Thanks anyway.

If anyone was a specific model in mind, I'd appreciate the suggestion.

Reply to
AndyHancock

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.