Jack PC "will change everything...COMPUTER ...FITS IN .. WALL PORT"

Jack PC is touted to "change everything. The world's first computer so small that it fits in a network wall port."

formatting link
There are three versions of Jack PC including one using an AMD RISC (claimed

1.2ghz x86 equivalent).

1600 x 1200 video (DVI + analog), 16-bit audio in-out, 4 USB, 100BT ethernet

5 watts. Easily runs off Power Over Internet (POE).

This version runs Windows CE, Citrix, IExplore, Windows RDP etc and is intended as thin client.

Jack PC is part of a family of devices that fit into a wall socket that provide plug-in functionality for switches, WIFI hot spots, thin clients etc all using the same wall socket connected with a single CAT5 with POE.

++++++++++++++++

The plaster is not yet dry on the reworking of two computer installations in my house to allow me to put their hard drives and CPU in the basement next to the furnace and boiler (where size and noise do not matter but security and easy of access is high) leaving only the monitors and Bluetooth mice and keyboards in the living space.

I'm using video and USB splitters and extenders. Our new Samsung 214T monitors have three inputs (UXVGA, DVI, composite video)and Picture

-in-Picture (PiP) so they can do triple, independent duty for computer, McNeil-Lehrer, and video security. The last TV in the house was set out on the curb (with a sign that said "FREE Works fine No sales tax No return" ).

... Marc Marc_F_Hult

formatting link

Reply to
Marc F Hult
Loading thread data ...

[snip]

Made by Chip PC Technologies in Israel

formatting link
and reportedly distributed in US by Dell.

... Marc Marc_F_Hult

formatting link

Reply to
Marc F Hult

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.