Latest threads in General Home Automationshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Search for electronic plan to build x-10 interface for pc
I search for a electronic plan to build an x-10 computer interface like cm11a,cm15 or any RS-232 interface that can send signal fro computer to x-10 Thank

Semi OT question - it's code for home automation!
Anybody know of any C code which will calc sunrise/sunset based on date, lat/long? I'm using some old code in my one-wire/x10 system and it was written long ago and is 5-10 minues off.... I'm looking...

cp290 software
I'm new to this group. I have a CP290 and am using X10WC software by David Huras. It works great but I don't know what else is out there. The X10WC software goes back to Win3.1. Does anyone know if...

Robomower help..
Does anyone know if you can use a diffrent battery for robomower? I have the 500 and my battery says "fully charged" even though its not. Once you take it off the charger it tells you it needs to be...

Strange PCS behavior
I just redid my house with PCS switches. They all work fine except for one. This one switch works fine manually and also works fine via a X10 maxi type controller. But it will not work with one of the...

X10 (new modules) and Z-Wave from Norway
Hi, Found this site from Norway with big selection of the new type of X-10 modules: is possible now to order a 2-buttons wall dimmers.............. S.V. smarthus.info

Relays Question
I want to control appliances with relays, I have some AC relays that are coil driven, how do I connect the relay to the plugs of my appliances easily and safely?

Whole house surge suppressor - good idea?
I'm doing a major remodel/addition which will include quite a bit of additional electrical, so now is the time to consider adding a whole house surge suppressor. The model that keeps floating to the...

ACT products, good stuff?
There isn't a whole lot of info on usenet re: ACT products besides their coupler/repeaters. Can anybody offer opinions on the quality of the rest of there products. I was thinking of getting a couple...

X10 switch control logic
I have a 3 way hard wired switch for a whole house fan that I want to replace with non dimming X10 switches. (I do know and accept the X10 reliability factors) The existing switch has 3 positions HI...

RJ-41?
Someone threw this connector number at me, and I thought it was a typo. RJ-41 is a real connector, possibly used for comms and other low-speed stuff, but my web search has hit a wall. Does anyone know...

X10 RF computer interface
what exactly is the cm17a? Does it send out rf frequecies? If so could i use it to send out rf freqs. to communicate with other r devices in my house? I want to be able to use it to communicate with...

Voice
OK, I've looked through the deja (nee google) groups as far back as 1998 searching for the best way to do the following: I have a 2 level ranch. I want speakers around the house and I want mics around...

Home automation using PLC Moeller Easy
hello... has anyone done home automation using PLC's like Moeller Easy or Siemens Logo? I'm building a house next year and i want to do a smart home (specially remote controlling using a pda). i live...

Wireless PC Speakers
Does anyone know where I can obtain wireless Pc speakers. Searched all over the net and now I'm wondring if I' searching for something that doesn't exist. Many Thanks