Latest threads in General Home Automationshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

CCTV Cameras and DVR systems
I hope this is the place to post this. I have used some IP network surveillance cameras (expensive) and have played around with the X10 toy cameras. I want to run the appropriate wiring to use about 4...

Russound CAV6.6 or Nuvo Concerto
I'm in the process of building a new home and would like to set up a whole home audio system. I'm looking at the Russound CAV6.6 and the Nuvo Concerto systems. I'll probably have about 12 zones. I'd...

Help!!!!
Hi! I have problem and I don't know what to do. Sorry for my English. My computer (WinXP Pro SP2, Pcchips m825, Athlon1700+, 250 ram) stalls while i'm using Kazaa or other p2p programs. I happen...

Building CAT5 baluns
Since AV to cat5 baluns are so stupidly expensive, I've considered building my own. I've seen a few ICs from analog devices that may be of some use, but right now I'm just wondering if anyone here has...

announcing: atronscrobbler: update audioscrobbler with audiotron activity
Atronscrobbler is a perl script that polls your audiotron and updates audioscrobbler ( Think of it as an audioscrobbler plugin for your audiotron. Last.fm API...

best cable for video camera
G'day all WIll be building soon and I need to run some video camera cables. What is the best cable to use for the base band video signal RG59 (75 ohm) or RG58 (50 ohm) or something diifferent. Also...

Public posting home automation/home entertainment weblog
I started a home automation weblog that allows public posting and has some cool features. I'm trying to create a good resource for HA enthusiasts where people can get help, post topics for discussion,...

Multisource, Multizone Audio
I'm building a new home and have had some folks do the prewire for 16 zones (yes, its a big house). They ran wire for distributed audio, cat5e for network/phone/audiocontrol/other, rg6 for...

Accessing my home web page`
Hello, I'm new to this, so please be kind... :) This is probably a very simple question/answer. I'm trying to learn about setting up Web Pages, so I have java and tomcat installed on my home PC. When...

Build a SMALL PC
I would like to build a SMALL rugged computer. We are talking SMALL keyboard, screen (LCD/CRT), chassis and trying to do it somewhat economically. This would be used in amateur astronomy out in the...

New version 1.3 of VSCP (Very Simple Control Protocol)
Version 1.3 of VSCP released. A test suite is now included and the canal package is included in the installation. Some pages about the test suite added VSCP specification 1.2 released. Enjoy The VSCP...

What protocol to use to bind things together
Hi All, I need a protocol to tie my home automation systems together, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? To control the various bits around the house I use a number of small knowledge...

DVR card with Picturetel PTZ control
Anyone using a DVR card that supports PictureTel protocols for PTZ control? Any info on using PictureTel PTZ-1N/PTZ-2N for security camera? Thanks, Paul

Serial Protocol for Samsung SIR-TS360 Satellite Receiver
I recently purchased a Samsung SIR-TS360 HD satellite receiver for my DirecTV service. One of the reasons that I purchased it was that it was the only one that I could find that had an RS-232...

Alarm Monitoring in FL
Does anyone have any suggestions for a provider of low cost alarm monitoring services who is licensed in Naples FL (Collier County)? Thanks,