Writting your own X10 software

I have the cm11u hardware and cant find a .net libary to comunicate with it. I would like any help with this matter as not finding it easy. after i have sorted that out i would like to set up a web based interface to control it.

Reply to
jpw15
Loading thread data ...

How hard have you looked ?

formatting link

... Marc Marc_F_Hult

formatting link

Reply to
Marc_F_Hult

i have looked at these but they only say the software works with the cm11a, are both devices comatible with the same software i havnt tryed it yet but i will.

Reply to
jpw15

Reply to
Dave Houston

Thanks i will give that a go tonight then :-)

Reply to
jpw15

using the sample code but error keeps happening from craigs creations

Error 1 The type 'System.IO.Ports.SerialPort' exists in both 'c:\\WINDOWS\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v2.0.50727\\System.dll' and 'c:\\Documents and Settings\\jpw\\Desktop\\Jeff2\\bin\\SerialPort.dll' C:\\Documents and Settings\\jpw\\Desktop\\Jeff2\\CraigsCreations.com.X10\\X10CM11aController.cs 47 11 CraigsCreations.com.X10

any help

Dave Houst> Aside from the mains voltage, all of the CM11* devices are identical in

Reply to
jpw15

Settings\\jpw\\Desktop\\Jeff2\\CraigsCreations.com.X10\\X10CM11aController.cs 47 11 CraigsCreations.com.X10

It looks 2 different components are using the same NameSpace. 'System.IO.Ports.SerialPort' is a NameSpace in .Net 2.0

I believe Craig had written the X10Controller app in .Net 1.5 (I did not see the code yet) The SerialPort.dll is also using 'System.IO.Ports.SerialPort as its namespace.

The SerialPort.dll should be recreated using a different namespace. Or recode the application to use .Net 2.0 serial ports.

Reply to
knarfm

i have gone back to using the lower version of .net framework useing visual studio .net 2003 but it all compiles but now parts of the code are missing the xml comment for publicly visible type or member.

has anyone used craigs code and got it to work guess alot of people have if so has anyone modifyed it to make it very easy to use. has anyone made there own libary they could email me. the simpler the better eg run program turn house code A unit code 2 ON

thanks Jeff

Reply to
jpw15

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.