Visual basic and CM11/12

I am looking for an OCX control for Visual basic 6 to control and receive data from a CM11 (same as CM12 here in Europe) serial port to powerline interface unit.

X10Lite offers control only - their exe runs on my PC but I can't get the VB example to run (is there any help anywhere)

I guess I just want a routine for the MSCOMM serial port driver. Can anyone point a new user to the solution?

Thanks

Reply to
Frank
Loading thread data ...

There's a simple application with VB4 source in...

formatting link
It shows how to send and receive all PLC codes but does not download macros or timers to the EEPROM.

Reply to
Dave Houston

I tried

formatting link
and it works fine.

As I say I am new to X10 - I use an I2C network with VB for most of the controls I use, but the lines are getting a bit long now for the driver chips.

I am suprised how little I can find on X10 and Visual Basic.

Mister Home uses perl - far beyond me!

Thanks for the link.

Reply to
Frank

| I use an I2C network with VB for most of the | controls I use, but the lines are getting a bit long now for the driver | chips.

Are you using the P82B715?

Dan Lanciani ddl@danlan.*com

Reply to
Dan Lanciani

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 6:40:08 +0100, Dan Lanciani wrote (in message ):

Yes - With a slow clock I have no problems (Win98 and Victor Hempe WinICE patallel port drivers). But I want to use Win2000 and use a USB-I2C driver (Elektor Kit) - it just works (crashes now and then) but the clock speed is high and fixed

Reply to
Frank

In article , snipped-for-privacy@removemesunspot.co.uk (Frank) writes: | On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 6:40:08 +0100, Dan Lanciani wrote | (in message ): | | > P82B715 | | Yes - With a slow clock I have no problems (Win98 and Victor Hempe WinICE | patallel port drivers). But I want to use Win2000 and use a USB-I2C driver | (Elektor Kit) - it just works (crashes now and then) but the clock speed is | high and fixed

I'm interested in constructing something similar to the 82B715 but with optical isolation (or possibly even fiber transceivers for long runs). Have you seen anything like that?

Dan Lanciani ddl@danlan.*com

Reply to
Dan Lanciani

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 8:04:59 +0100, Dan Lanciani wrote (in message ):

I have not seen a fiber interface, but Philips list several high current I2C multiplex switches etc. I can get 100metres no problem with a slow clock and lots of chips hanging off the nodes.

If X10 is limited I may use ethernet cat5 and radio links with a Modtronix SBC65EC demo webserver pic-micro card if I can figure how to drive I2C as it claims it can.

Reply to
Frank

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 16:36:35 +0100, Frank wrote (in message ):

I have found a VB to X10 driver at

formatting link
very powerful and complete - but not free :-{

I also hear that AutoM8it uses VB but I see no easy example to learn from - I wonder if I can control the AutoM8it drivers from my own VB program?

Reply to
Frank

If you can do VB, you can do Perl. I do Perl and I think VB is scary.

Reply to
unrulygrrl

There was something like that from

formatting link
but it isn't there any more.

Have a look at this:

formatting link

Reply to
Gavin Jacobs

Oops - I spoke too soon. There IS an ActiveX control at

formatting link
Handling the async interface to the CM11 is non-trivial. You have to deal with unsolicited inputs and various responses of indeterminate length and/or inconsistent terminators. I did my own in VB.Net, using a third party async library because MSComm just didn't have sufficient flexibility.

Reply to
Gavin Jacobs

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 3:21:27 +0100, Gavin Jacobs wrote (in message ):

Thanks, but that one is X10Lite as tried - see above The .exe works but the source code complains about my file structure but does not offer the correct structure - also it can't read commands

formatting link
is the answer if I can crack his advanced VB code in the demo.

Still suprised that an Mscomm solution is not out there

Reply to
Frank

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 20:25:05 +0100, Gavin Jacobs wrote (in message ):

formatting link
contains a link to

ftp://homeseer.com/pub/setupax37.exe

The control does sends and receives but will not program the eeprom in the CM11a - but that is plenty for me since the PC is always on.

The VB demo is short and easy to modify too!

Very many thanks for the link

Reply to
Frank

And here come the DMCA goons...

Reply to
Paul

So apparently, it get's a ringing endorsement from a THIEF.

Reply to
wkearney99

guys ... ecpro.ocx (exact control pro) is one of the easiest ocx's to crack... i am not into distributing cracked source.. but it took about 10 minutes to remove the copy protection , that looks for the .lic file, and remove the 14 day time limit..

so for you guys out there that need a week or 20 more "testing time" get out the ol hex editor and play with some of the jnz.... :)

once you see how well there code actualy works, then go and pay the dewds who wrote it,,, it is actualy a very well written ocx.

and to at least add to the topic at hand..

to the original poster .. register the ocx (or at least install it)

then open a form, drop the control on the form. in the form open event :

HomeControl.Interface = "CM11" HomeControl.CommPort = 1 ' if it's connected to comm 1 HomeControl.StartComm 0, True

then say on a command button HomeControl.SendCommand("A","1",3)

this would send a command on to unit code 1 on house code a

read the help file for all the function codes... u can turn on , off dim , bright set clock , load / erase macros

pretty much all you will ever need to control the cm11 in VB

rgrds C0der

Reply to
c0derx10

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.