low voltage x-10 receiver?

I am looking for an x-10 RF receiver that will run on 12vdc, so I can control a battery operated device with an x-10 RF transmitter. I haven't been able to locate such a device. I would be open to hacking existing receivers if someone can point me to or send me some info. Otherwise I will attempt the hack myself, but I would prefer to save time without reinventing the wheel.

Steven

Reply to
Steven
Loading thread data ...

I'm almost sure that such a device _does_not_exist.

X-10 'control' signalling is sent over 120v AC wiring. so there is no need for anything powered from DC.

You're better off 'forgetting' that it is an "X-10" transmitter, and brewing up (from scratch) a reciever that will trigger a relay on receipt of the magic command. For simplicity of design, that 'magic command' might well come from something _other_ than an "X-10" system transmitter.

Good luck!

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

I'm pretty sure this isn't X10 RF compatible but it may well serve your purpose:

Reply to
Charles Sullivan

The 2010 UNIVERSAL MODULE

formatting link
looks like it is exactly what you are looking for. It provides a relay contact you can use to switch whatever you want.

Markus

Reply to
Markus Baertschi

No, it's not. That module runs on AC. That and it doesn't receive RF. So it's not the right one on either condition the original poster requested. It's a handy unit, to be sure, but only for someone that wants to use the powerline to control a relay.

Remember, X-10 RF is different than X-10 powerline. You can use one without the other. I, for one, am damn sick and tired of the complete unreliability of X-10 powerline technology and devices. It just doesn't work reliably enough and no amount of filtering or other hacks are worth the aggravation. X-10 over powerline is something people should AVOID.

There are such a things as RF receivers that operates on DC voltage:

formatting link
But they spit out an RS-232 signal based on the RF they receive. You'd then have to rig up something that took the serial signal and tripped a relay. Something like a Basic Stamp chip could be used to do just that.

The better question, however, is what are you really trying to control? What sort of devices are involved and what effect do you want to achieve? There may be another way to approach it.

There are untold number of other RF kits that could be utilized. Perhaps even by having something like PC with an RF receiver pickup the signal and then retransmit it using something else. I do this to pull X10 RF in from the remotes via an MR26A and use it to then control some RadioRA light switches.

Hmmm, I suppose you could also hack an MR26A but you're still faced with handling the conver

-Bill Kearney

Reply to
wkearney99

I did overlook the two characters RF. One solution would be a X10 RF receiver

formatting link
rip out the 110V AC stuff and replace it with a connection to the battery. I'd worry about power consumption, though.

Markus

Reply to
Markus Baertschi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.