Sudden failure

Reply to
J Baber
Loading thread data ...

What makes a functioning X-10 lamp module suddenly stop working. It has works for many years (in the same location) ...and now one of my maxi controllers will not make it function. And no...it isn't the module...since I can move it to a different location and it works.

Also, I am using a plug in phase coupler.

Reply to
Ida Slapter

Most of the time it's due to cheap materials and poor workmanship. Other times it's due to an environmental change. If nothing else has changed recently, you can probably chalk it up to the above and just replace the module.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Not to be flip, but have you checked the bulb and switch? Sometimes a bulb that's about to fail can cause a problem too.

Reply to
BruceR

Yes....since it still works like a charm from a different maxi controller and the RF remote control.... doesn't make sense to me!

Reply to
Ida Slapter

Has some new device recently been plugged in to the same circuit?

Reply to
Dave Houston

Also to the OP.

Even something plugged in to a different circuit but on the same leg can suck a signal. Check for anything you can think of that might be new or moved before the problem occurred.

If necessary you may try unplugging everything else one at a time, hopefully when the "problem" is unplugged the module should start working again.

Gypsy

Reply to
Gypsy

Given that the device can still be controlled by other transmitters, the attenuator is likely to be between the suspect maxicontroller and this device. Attenuators tend to affect only the signal downstream of their location. A noise source or more upstream attenuator will usually have wider effects.

Reply to
Dave Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.