Strange problem with X10 wall switch

I have a decora style wall switch that controls two fluorescent lights. I do not recall the model number but I do remember that I bought it about 11 years ago from Smarthome. I use KR19A remote controller and TM751 transceiver to control the two fixtures of with two 4 foot tubes. This set up has worked flawlessly for over 10 years. But, last week I replaced the fixtures with ordinary ceiling light fixtures. Now, if I put Commercial Electric (from Home Depot) compact fluorescent bulbs in both fixtures, KR19A does not work. If I replace one Commercial Electric bulb with either a Philips CF bulb or an incandescent bulb, KR19A works fine. Wall switch works in all cases. I would like to use CF bulbs but the Philips CF bulb is too big to fit inside the glass globe of the fixture. Is there any explanation for this strange behavior?

Reply to
Manny Bhuta
Loading thread data ...

Try using the GLobe brand CFLs. They have a dimmable CFL (for lamp modules). Globe's regular CFLs work great with appliance modules.

Jeff

Reply to
jr9

yeah i tried to post earlier but it got eaten...anyway this sounds like a signal sucking issue. I have some commercial electric CFLs that suck signal in my house.

Reply to
random735

I recommend you install a Leviton 6287 Noise Block in the switch wallbox wired between the switch and the lights. If it doesn't fit there, you can probably fit it in the junction box for the first fixture in the string. We installed those filters for all circuits that accept compact fluorescents, and have no problems at all.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Volp

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.