Signal bridge question?

A tech at Smarthome told me that a "Boosterlinc" on each phase with a passive coupler is the same as an amplified coupler. Is this true? I have 3 keypadlincs (with Boosterlinc) installed, 2 of which are on different phases. If I install a passive coupler, have I basically done the same thing as installing an amplified coupler? I know a hard wired coupler/repeater at the panel is best but I don't want to do more than what's needed! :) I also read where "repeaters" often create havoc with "status requests", etc.? My keypadlincs control all my outdoor lighting, and send "status requests" to each other. How does a repeater handle all these commands? Does it wait until all commands are sent including the "status requests", and then begins it's repeating function? The "Boosterlincs" amplify in real time, and if combined with a passive coupler, it seems more ideal...

Reply to
mike2711
Loading thread data ...

You should take the time to read Phil Kingery's pleonastic prose at...

formatting link
Articles 3, 4, 5 & 20 deal with couplers.

I'm not expert on couplers as I don't have one. How they handle signals depends on the brand and model but, as Phil says in #20, a coupler is NOT an amplifier since they listen for an X-10 code and then repeat it on a time delay basis.

I believe the BoosterL>A tech at Smarthome told me that a "Boosterlinc" on each phase with a

Reply to
Dave Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.