Leviton HCA02-10E

Can anyone explain how the Leviton HCA02-10E coupler-repeater deals with multiple HCA02-10E's installed in several sub-panels as Leviton recommends? How can they do this without getting into a ping-pong match? TIA

Paul Advanced Electrical Solutions, Inc.

Reply to
Paul S.
Loading thread data ...

Paul,

I don't know the answer, but I may have a better solution.

Do you know about Jeff Volp's X-10 Transmission Booster?

formatting link
I have two. Both built from kits. Both worked first time.

Hope this helps, and if it does please come back and tell us!

Thankx,

Jack :)

Paul S. wrote:

Reply to
Jack Edin

Interesting

Reply to
Paul S.

Paul, you want to try the XTB first with a passive coupler. I think the XTB will make repeaters obsolete. One cuses enough problems but multiple repeaters can be be real trouble. Even the ACT repeaters which are designed for multiple units don't play that well together. My own experience with the XTB is that it does the job beutifully and the onle reason for a repeater would be if you have problems with controlling from a Mini/Maxi Controller - in which case I'd try a Booster link from Smarthome.

Reply to
brobin

Yeah, but the only problem is I can't install these in a client's home as the are not UL approved :(

Reply to
Paul S.

Well Paul,

The work around seems to be the Waiver.

;-)

Paul S. wrote:

Reply to
Jack Edin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.