Selective Ringing via CallerID

Anyone know of a standalone device that only rings through calls that are on a "priority list?"

Especially important would be to match all fields in the CID stream - lots of calls come in on current CID saying "Texas" or "New York" or "Wireless Caller." Even though the actual phone number in the CID data, the RS unit we have with a "priority list" will let ALL "Wireless Callers" in without further matching the phone number to the one stored on the list. Which is pretty useless, IMHO.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green
Loading thread data ...

Callerid.com sells multi line PC CID hardware that allows internal black or white listing. It then blocks all ringing to phones downstream.

-mhd

Reply to
-mhd

Take a look at the box made by 'Callerid.com'. Primiarly a call logger, but it does have the ability to make a list of numbers to pass...or block I can't remember which. I have one of the units, but I don't use it for that. Take a look anyhow.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

It can do either depending on a software switch.

-mhd

Reply to
-mhd

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.