Cisco Call Manager 4.13 - How to block inbound calls using Caller ID

Want to block inbound calls in Cisco Call Manager 4.13 from specific sales callers who just don't get the message we don't want to hear from them.

Have not been able to figure out how to use Route Patterns (chapter 22 of the Cisco CallManager Administration Guide) to block incoming calls based on caller ID. I've entered a specific phone number as a route pattern, yet various configurations of route patterns set to reject those calls are useless.

Yes, I know Caller ID can be spoofed, but the user wants this, and this user gets what the user wants. It's not my decision so discussion of the lameness of the concept is off-topic, IMHO.

Your on topic responses would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Reply to
K7AAY
Loading thread data ...

What is your PSTN gateway? Is it PRI or T1? It's possible to block some inbound calls on H.323 gateways (for example, if you have Cisco router with Voice card), but not in the CallManager itself.

Another thing you may do - go to

formatting link
and register your inbound call numbers. It's free for you, and all telemarketers should follow these rules. If you will receive calls after you registered your number there, you may report the number on that website, and they will have a problem.

Good luck,

Mike

formatting link

Reply to
HeadsetAdapter.com

Ummm, you missed the fine print. DNC only works for residential.

Sucks, but that's the rule.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

PRI

Kewl. How?

Reply to
K7AAY

Do you have a Cisco CCO account to access all areas of Cisco website? Here is a link, how to block calls based on various parameters:

formatting link
Good luck,

Mike

Reply to
HeadsetAdapter.com

OK. I read the Cisco document you cited, Number Translation using Voice Translation Profiles Document ID: 64020

formatting link
and, in the second sentence, it states

Cisco strongly recommends you only use one scheme of translation rules. If you mix the old and new schemes, you can have unforeseen results.

OK. Already using Cisco CallManager Translation Patterns, 117 of them. That would seem to be the "old scheme" they're referring to?

Getting Voice Translation Profiles upo and running also looks like Terra Incognita to me, but I will go and read a bit. Cisco's NetPro forums

formatting link
a useful discussion of such. This example from there shows how to block calls from the White House:

voice translation-rule 1 rule 1 reject \\^2024561212\\

voice translation-profile incoming translate called 1

voip-incoming translation-profile incoming

Reply to
K7AAY

formatting link

Real quick.

If you are running MGCP on your gateway the above solution will NOT work.

It will only work with H.323 or if you are in SRST fallback.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.