replace XTAL with Crystal?

I want to change the clock value in a device. I know the unit can handle it but I wanted to ask if anyone know if there will be an issue. The current clock generator is an Xtal... I cannot find the correct frequency XTAL but crystals are easy to get.

thanks for any advice!

Reply to
Tek
Loading thread data ...

If you don't know that xtal is a common abbreviation for crytal, then by what basis have you decided that you want to change it, that the unit can 'handle it', and you have the technical skill to do it ?

geoff

Reply to
Geoff

Good question, Geoff, but what's more worrying is that the places Tek is looking for XTALs/Crystals don't seem to indicate that they are the same thing!

Daniel

*** Posted via a free Usenet account from
formatting link
Reply to
Daniel

Anectdote:

I was working on my mother's house, and while she was at the store I told her we needed, among other things, a 5lb box of 16 penny nails. The guy working in the fastner aisle informed her, "We don't cary penny nails, but we do have 16d nails. Would that work?" He pronounced the "D."

Reply to
E. Lee Dickinson

Geoff wrote:

Daniel wrote:

What's REALLY fascinating is that Geoff dug back just shy of 2 years to find a post to which he would respond. OP: May 8 2004 If Tek is still looking, it must not be a high priority.

Also worth noting that alt.electronics.analog was never a valid group.

Reply to
JeffM

"JeffM" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Great, does this mean we could debate my want of a nice 8-pin DIL standard IC for converting either frequency (or voltage representing it) to voltage representing pitch? (Log conversion). :) I'm still hoping that thread of mine, still hopefully current, might get some more suggestions for this..

(In group: sci.electronics.components btw, I don't like to crosspost.)

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

It may be valid on a few servers but not be an official newsgroup that went through the proper creation process.

On the other hand, news:alt.electronics.analog.vlsi is a valid group.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.