remote plug in

Greetings, I am looking for some help with a remote and how to program it. The remote in question is a Sears mdl#139.18835 remote plug in light control switch. I am trying to program it to use in my GMC Sierra so that I can turn house lights on and off. I have had no luck searching the web for a manual and am hoping that someone here may be able to help me. I have contacted Sears and Chamberlian, but nobody seems to be able to help. Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance for your time and efforts. Jinxy

Reply to
jinxy
Loading thread data ...

Greetings, I am looking for some help with a remote and how to program it. the remote in question is a Sears mdl#139.18835 remote plug in light control switch. I am trying to program it into my GMC Sierra so that I can turn house lights on and off. I have had no luck searching the web for a manual and am hoping that someone here may be able to help me. I have contacted Sears and Chamberlian, but nobody seems to be able to help. Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance for your time and efforts. J

Reply to
jinxy

There should be an FCC ID number on the remote. That _may_ let us get a schematic and maybe a user manual (sometimes in the FCC filing) and then determine if there's any way to use it for what you wish.

Reply to
dlh

Sorry about the delayed response. The FCC ID on the unit is 102.18449 . The is also a sticker on the back with the following # 07113 For what it's worth the CSA # is LR66377 hope these help Thanks- J

Reply to
jinxy

Are you sure about the FCC ID? I've never seen one where the first three digits did not have 2-3 letters rather than numbers and

102.18449 is not in the FCC database.
Reply to
dlh

Here is a photo of the back of the remote. Take a look and let me know what you think.

formatting link
again-J

Reply to
jinxy

That's the receiver. If they use a superheterodyne receiver, the FCC rules were changed a few years back to allow self-testing so there's no FCC ID on it.

The handheld transmitter that controls it (and is what you need to train any in-car unit) must have an FCC ID.

Reply to
dlh

It may be too late to response... but here is the original manual

Reply to
Jack

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.