Plug-In X-10 Filter Recommendation?

I have discovered that my recently purchased LCD TV, when turned-on, interferes with X-10 control of a light on the same circuit. If the TV is off, X-10 works. If on, X-10 does not.

So I am thinking about using a plug-in filter. If I understand their use, I would want to plug the TV into the filter and then the filter into the wall. Is this correct?

Right now, the TV plugs into a surge suppressor (along with a computer) and then the surge suppressor into the wall. Is it better to put the filter between the suppressor and the wall or between the tv and the suppressor? I'd think that the latter configuration would require a filter rated for fewer amps than the former configuration. The tv specs say that it uses 130 watts when on and less than 1 watt in standby (off).

Checking online (smarthome, ebay) I see 5 amp, 10 amp, and 15 amp plug-in filter units. I see at least Leviton, FilterLinc, ACT, and X10 Pro brands of plug-in filters. Any recommendations on what size and brand to use?

Thanks

Reply to
David White
Loading thread data ...

The inexpensive XPPF from X10 should do the job. While rated 5A (600 watts), it does get warm when pushed that hard. You can put it between the wall socket and surge suppressor unless your computer a lot of power. In that case, you could filter just the offending LCD TV.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Volp

Reply to
David White

Reply to
David White

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.