Wallplates

Hi,

I'm looking for wallplates (need low voltage switches only) for my own automation system. I found

formatting link
Do you know any other?

TIA

Greetings, Ghost

Reply to
Ghost
Loading thread data ...

Hi Ghost,

Do you mean "Wall plates" or switches?

If switches, do you mean momentary contact?

And if no -- eg Single-Pole, Single-Throw (SPST) toggle -- how will you 'automate' them?

Is momentary contact, how will you locally track the state? ( LED? Or)

One can make a simple momentary contact switch on a wall late using a standard blank wall plate from a electrical or building store and momentary contacts switches from any of many different retail, industrial, wholesale and surplus suppliers.

Here's some examples of SPST momentary pushbuttons that are readily mounted on a standard blank switch plate:

formatting link
?source=froogle HTH ... Marc Marc_F_Hult
formatting link

Reply to
Marc_F_Hult

Uzytkownik "Marc_F_Hult" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Sorry for my english.

Switches

Yes

I need only switches - all electronics i already have.

I'm looking for some good looking stuff, for example (but maybe there are any cheaper, I hope):

formatting link

Reply to
Ghost

Consider membrane-type switches. One potential advantage is being able to print labels. The more switches --especially scenes for which there may not be immediate response or feedback -- the greater the need for labels. In other words, after the electronic part is resolved/solved, labeling becomes the next obstacle. This is part of why folks have migrated/evolved to electronic touch screens.

Are you able/willing to solder/build?

If so, for example, here's a 16-key low-bounce, 100-milliohm resistance

35-volt membrane switch keypad small enough to put on a wall switch ($3 each + $4 shipping to US).

formatting link

( eBay search: membrane switch )

It can also be simply made into either a horizontal or vertical one-, two-, three-, or four-position x SPST momentary contact switch with no IC or other decoding needed. Just short all four vertical or all four horizontal busses together.

You could cover with a printed mylar cover of your own design for much less than a fully-built commercial option.

HTH ... Marc Marc_F_Hult

formatting link

Reply to
Marc_F_Hult

Uzytkownik "Marc_F_Hult" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Thank you, Marc. I'm thinking about this membrane switches.

Reply to
Ghost

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.