Outside telephone jack?

I'd like to put a waterproof telephone jack on the backside of my house to use on my deck. Searching on google didn't turn up anything. Ideally it would also allow for a network jack, but I expecting that would be asking too much.

Don (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss
Loading thread data ...

STFW "outdoor telephone jack"

Several choices appear.

One like this:

formatting link
Any number of others would work too. Get one that supports using keystone wallplates and you can put whatever jack type you'd like in it. I'm sure there are even jacks like this that'd support both an RJ11 (for phone) and a

2nd RJ45 (for network). Or even one that uses a single electrical outlet style faceplate and use than on an outdoor box that's got two doors on it.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

I was using "outside telephone jack", which wasn't working well.

I was hoping for something I could recess into the wall. But now that I am using outdoor instead of outside I'm finding them.

Reply to
Don Wiss

Reply to
BruceR

You gentlemen are being awfully civilized today. Don hands you the perfect straight-line about putting a Jack on his Backside and no one bites? Too obvious? Time to move out of my trailer? :-)

Glad you found your part Don.

Reply to
Bill Stock

I like it. Especially the horizontal one. I had found these:

Vanco International 31870

formatting link
Philmore TWP67 (handles RJ11/RJ14)
formatting link
But they are vertical. Being a brick wall only horizontal makes sense.

I couldn't get that link to work.

Thanks for the find!

Reply to
Don Wiss

Reply to
BruceR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.