Controlling thermostat over the web

I don't want any fancy home control system. I now have two Carrier thermostats that ConEd supplied to me that have web control. In return for getting these they are allowed to cycle off my compressor. The problem is they cycle everybody off equally. I purposedly put in an undersized unit on the roof. I'd rather it be dry and not cold and clammy. But with ConEd cycling it off my temperature stays in the mid-80s. So they have to go.

Carrier has this model:

formatting link
Which states it has remote access for Internet. You can't get much information on it from Carrier. It is new and the reps don't know much. And they like to steer you to you dealer for any technical questions.

Are there any other options?

Don (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss
Loading thread data ...

Look at these:

formatting link

Reply to
BruceR

If you really want to be simple and inexpensive, You can make a servo based controller like below and control it over the internet.

formatting link

Reply to
Si Ballenger

Well that certainly meets his criteria for not being "fancy!"

Reply to
BruceR

Too simple. I do expect a seven day schedule with four periods per day.

Don (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

If your computer has a scheduling application that can run applications at the desired times, then it can control the servo when desired. If your computer is connected to the internet, the servo can be controlled over the internet if desired. This is more geared for DIY types that like to save $$$.

Reply to
Si Ballenger

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.