Bridging Module ?? (Leviton)

Go with a 66 block.

formatting link
Brad H

Reply to
Brad Houser
Loading thread data ...

I've seen this piece in HD and catalogs...says up to 4 lines to 9 phones. (Has 10x 110 punch downs)

formatting link
Do I understand that when I punch-down the incoming phone cable wires on one of the 110 blocks, the signal is distributed to the corresponsing places on the other nine? (If so, presumably all 10 punch downs are connected using a printed circuit board, to which they are attached.

At $29, this seems a little pricey for what goes into the product. (Although sales volume must be pretty low: there still aren't a whole lot of people networking their homes.) I just want to distribute two phone lines to several rooms. I already have cat5 going to a few rooms, terminated in low-voltage in-wall boxes, with 6-gang covers, so distributing the phones' signal is next on my list. (Could just skip it and buy multi-handset cordless phones.)

Any suggestions at lower cost?

Thanks, Bill

Reply to
bill

Thanks, Brad -- already have a few of those, but have found that cat5 doesn't work so great on the 66's (vs 110 blocks)

Reply to
bill

I have a 1x9 levition bridge on e-bay right now....$9.99 last I looked. It does exactly what you are talking about. Punch down your Cat5 via 568A standard for up to four CO lines to 8 destinations (the ninth spot is occupied by the incoming).

Item 5762342508

Robert

Reply to
RM

Cat5 works fine on 66 blocks - even the plenum rated stuff. Cat5 is solid conductor 24 ga copper which is exactly what a 66 block was designed for.

110 might be a better choice from the standpoint of convenience though.

snip

Reply to
brobin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.