Network based media server for home automation?

Is there any software (ideally software but I will look at a hardware
solution) out there that allows you to set up a networked media server
that can be controlled by RS-232 to pump audio and/or video to multiple
locations in the house? I want to output all audio/video from the back
of the PC and route it through my whole house audio/video system. I
need RS-232 to control it from my home automation system.
Reply to
Simon
Loading thread data ...
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Dandelion Acres
Or us
formatting link
Now with Dlink DSM-320 support.
Reply to
William Richardson
We're exploring the convergence of personal computing, media access and distribution, control and monitoring of environment and appliances and cross-platform adaptation of a large variety of devices, systems and protocols. Using a familiar user interface (a/v remote control) in an intuitive manner (point-and-click).
My perspective is as an integrator, providing services and products to end users. More and more main-stream, we are looking at what consumers are buying and what they are already used to using in thier homes and business. There will always be do-it-yourselfer's and gadgeteers leading the way, and I respect you (us) all. But as the technologies evolve and mature, we want to be in the *business*, growing and profiting as we have already been doing with security systems, home theaters and thermostat controls.
It's called "evolution".
Reply to
Dandelion Acres

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.