Jacketed multi cable needed

All,

I've seen this cable in home depot for years, but now that i'm ready to buy some, it is all gone and they won't carry it anymore.

The stuff I'm talking about is 2 coax, 2 RG6 in a single PVC jacket. Needless to say, the convinience of this stuff is great.

I'm in ottawa canada, doesn't anyone know of any other source for this? Preferably local, but mail order may be ok.I you know of a manufacturer, this would be great.

Thanks, Jason.

Reply to
Jason
Loading thread data ...

I can sell it to you but I really don't recommend the stuff. Generally speaking, you'll be better served using individual cables for the different services than bundled cable. The so-called "multimedia" cable is heavy, has a much larger bend radius, is more difficult to pull and far less flexible to use than standard cables. It's also wasteful since you'll be doing lots of drops requiring less than the standard four components. Some drops will actually require more.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Hi Jason,

Joel at RF Connection,

formatting link
will have or can order it, and it will be fairly priced.

Regards ... Steve

********************************************************************* Steve Uhrig, SWS Security, Maryland (USA) Mfrs of electronic surveillance equip mailto: snipped-for-privacy@swssec.com website
formatting link
+1+410-879-4035, fax +1+410-836-1190 "In God we trust, all others we monitor" RIP Ken KE3I, SK 10/30/04. Rest easy, my good friend *********************************************************************
Reply to
Steve Uhrig

All,

Just to followup:

Since I'm in canada and ordering from the US is a pain in the wallet, I found that belden has this new banana peel wire. I ordered it from a local distib. It was about $400can whereas on some other US sites it was ~$330us. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

PS. I know some will need more drops, and I have a roll of cat5 also. This is mostly for the bedrooms and family room/garage that I wanted the bundled since it more that satisfies this requirement.

Jason.

Reply to
Jason

ElectroSonic ?

Reply to
mikey

Yes, That's them. Used them before?

Reply to
Jason

All the time, great outfit. If you haven't bought it yet, I'm in Ottawa myself and might be able to get it for you a little cheaper unless you're getting it through your company.

Reply to
mikey

Thanks for the offer. I bought it as soon as they told me it was available.

They seemed to be pretty easy to deal with.

Reply to
Jason

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.