Frustrated locating special relay controlled outlet...

Can anyone point me to either a single or duplex 110v 15A outlet that can be controlled by a 12v signal from my HT Receiver? I have 2 Sub amps that have manual toggle switches for power, and they wind up staying on when I shut the receiver down. I'd ideally like a device that I can plug my amp's power cord into, then plug that device into a filtered power module. This 'device' would have a 12V signal relay that acts as a switch for the output outlet.

I know that there are some high-end power modules on the market that offer this feature built-in, but I really don't want to go for the buck right now...

Any help would be apprciated!

Thanks!

Reply to
Tony Huk
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Dave Houston

I just bought a Russound [ACT-1?] AC outlet that takes a 12V input and turns on/off power to my amp.Works great, detachable power cord, wallmountable, only something like $65

Xantech also makes one, i think it's called the AC-1.

----------------------------------------------------- Note: I am a mere end-user with no financial stake in any products that I may discuss.

My Personal Website w/my Home Automation PC:

formatting link
last updated 4/11

Reply to
IVB

Thanks... I just looked this up on the Russound site, and it's exactly what I was looking for...

Too bad they don't offer a 2 outlet version... I have two amps (left/right) that should go on/off together.

Reply to
Tony Huk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.