Best way to make a camera rotate?

I have a remote camera setup at my secondary residence, and I want to make it rotate. Anyone know of a device that I could use to accomplish this? I found a post by someone that used a fake rotating camera, available at any flea market, and he used a DC converter to power it. But I think there's probably a ready to use device on the market that I could use. I just can't seem to find a supplier.

Thanks in advance for any tips

Reply to
TCMontanye
Loading thread data ...

I don't remember where I saw it but a cheap DIY way is to use servos for remote control cars/planes, etc.

Reply to
JW

I assume you really mean an "auto-panning" camera mount which is slightly different than rotating in that it reaches one end of the scan and the reverses to scan in the opposite direction. There are plenty of them on the market, in all sorts of price ranges based on a number of factors like indoor v. outdoor, adjustable pan v. fixed, heavy duty v. light duty, etc. Check at

formatting link
They have a bunch.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

These are quite common and they come in several flavors. "Scanners" just rotate back and forth in a fixed arc. Light-duty models suitable for home use are available in 12/24VAC or 110VAC. "Pan" and "Pan-Tilt" units are remote controllable via wired remote (typically using a joystick), by PC or over the Internet. Obviously, the more elaborate devices come with higher price tags.

I carry a of scanners, pan-tilt units and cameras from a variety of CCTV manufacturers. Perhaps I can be of assistance.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

A simple DIY pan/tilt cam I made below.

formatting link

Reply to
Si Ballenger

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.